Dr. Kirsten Sasaki
Dr. Kirsten Sasaki is in private practice with Drs. Charles E. Miller and Aarathi Cholkeri‐Singh at The Advanced Gynecologic Surgery Institute in the metropolitan Chicago area. After completing her residency at Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts, she was accepted as a Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery Fellow through the AAGL, the world’s largest organization dedicated to minimally invasive gynecologic surgery. She completed her fellowship at Lutheran General Hospital, under Drs. Miller and Cholkeri‐Singh, and also trained with multiple surgeons in the fields of General Gynecology, Reproductive Endocrinology, Gynecologic Oncology, and Urogynecology.
Dr. Sasaki prides herself on providing excellent patient care, and has won several awards for her compassion and humanism in medicine. She is an active member of the research community and has published several articles in peer‐reviewed medical journals, multiple book chapters, and has presented at multiple national conferences. Her current research interests include decreasing and managing post‐operative pain, robotic‐assisted surgical teaching, bleeding rates after laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy, and laparoscopic hysterectomy.
Dr. Sasaki is accepting new patients for general gynecologic problems and exams, as well as surgical referrals for minimally‐invasive gynecologic procedures.
Experience at a Glance:
- Graduated from Pomona College with a B.A. in Public Policy Analysis in 2003
- Graduated from Boston University School of Medicine with an M.D. in 2008
- Completed a four year residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology and served as Chief Resident at
- Tufts Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts in 2012
- Completed a two year fellowship in Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery through the AAGL at Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge, IL
- Member and active participant of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
- Awarded the Gold Humanism in Medicine Award in medical school and residency, and BetsyRogers Compassion in Medicine Award